The four Energy Express sites in Wayne County are recruiting children for the program. The sites include: Buffalo Elementary, C-K Elementary, East Lynn Elementary, and Fort Gay PreK-8.
Wayne County Program Details
- Energy Express is a FREE reading enrichment program. It is a nationally recognized program with proven results - where students maintain or improve their reading scores.
- It is fun with lots of hands-on learning and definitely not summer school even
though it is held in a school environment.
- Dates: June 17 - July 19. The program does not run June 20 (WV Day) and July
4 (Independence Day).
- We prefer students who can attend all five weeks but recognize summer vacations
- The program also provides breakfast and lunch each day. A typical day starts
at 9. a.m and ends around 1:30 p.m.
- Bus transportation is provided along main routes near each site. Parents are also welcome to drop off / pick up at the school if they do not wish to avail of the bus.
- The program is open to youth entering 1st Grade through 5th Grade. One does not
have to attend the school to participate in Energy Express.