Welcome to the wonderful world of West Virginia University Extension!
Vision: WVU Extension envisions a West Virginia where all its people can reach their fullest potential.
Mission: Improve the lives and livelihoods of all West Virginians.
Value Statement: Extension’s work is guided by collaboration and partnership; doing no harm; providing trusted, science-based practical education; helping people help themselves; serving all people; and exercising accountability.
Focus: WVU Extension focuses on providing trusted and practical educational programs that improve health, education and prosperity. These programs help people, businesses and communities solve problems, develop skills and build a better future.
WVU Extension programs bring results.
- Through 4-H youth development, lives are transformed.
- Through family and health programs, West Virginians achieve healthier, more satisfying lives.
- Through community, workforce, and economic development initiatives, communities are supported and revitalized.
- Through agriculture and natural resource education, citizens use valuable natural resources more wisely and farmers more efficiently and effectively manage lawns, gardens and pests.
- Through WVU Jackson’s Mill, programs soar and guests enjoy an experience that lasts a lifetime.
WVU Extension positively impacts the lives of West Virginia residents in all 55 counties.
It starts here at West Virginia University and WVU Extension is proud
of the many achievements of our faculty, staff, programs, and facilities and our
role in improving the lives of citizens across the state and country. Browse
recent annual reports to learn how the WVU Extension impacts
the state’s 55 counties.