Military Adopts Rethink Your Drink
The United States military runs on caffeine. Whether on base or on the battlefield, the men and women serving our country often rely on coffee, soda and energy drinks to keep them on their toes. Unfortunately, those drinks usually come packed with lots of sugars and artificial flavorings. So, Barbara Hartman, chief of Nutrition and Food Service at the Martinsburg VA Medical Center (VAMC) in West Virginia’s Eastern Panhandle, wanted to find a way to help veterans change their habits.WVU Extension Service assists Martinsburg VA in effort to help veterans kick caffeinated, sugary drinks
West Virginia University Extension Service experts are located in every county in West Virginia, ready to offer research-based knowledge, tips and education to improve our communities.
Listen to this weekly half-hour talk show broadcast live via WWVA – anytime, anywhere as a free podcast.
The latest WVU Extension headlines.
Upcoming Extension Events
Find events and add them to your calendar!
- Nov199:00 AM - 12:00 PMWV Policy and Research Symposium
- Nov218:30 AM - 5:00 PMFSMA/GAPs Produce Safety Grower Training - Martinsburg, WV
- Nov257:00 PM - 8:00 PMWood County Camp Trustees Meeting
- Nov28 All Day WVU Extension Office - CLOSED
- Nov29 All Day WVU Extension Office - Closed
- Dec38:30 AM - 5:00 PMWriting Your Farm Food Safety - Martinsburg, WV
- Dec78:30 AM - 4:30 PMWriting Your Farm Food Safety Plan - Institute, WV
- Dec108:30 AM - 5:00 PMWriting Your Farm Food Safety - Bridgeport, WV
- Dec166:30 PM - 8:00 PMWirt County 4-H Leaders Association Meeting