Held virtually March 14 -17, youth will have a blended experience of real time dance sessions held via webinar and learn a new dance.Learn more and register for Dance Weekend
West Virginia University Extension Service experts are located in every county in West Virginia, ready to offer research-based knowledge, tips and education to improve our communities.
With nearly 40 years of experience working in education on the local, state and national levels, Swiger brings leadership and purpose to the award-winning summer reading and nutrition program. In this role, he will be responsible for collaborating with state and community partners to ensure program goals align with state literacy curriculum; working closely with WVU Extension Service agents and staff to execute programming throughout the state; and identifying resources to expand opportunities for literacy activities for West Virginia’s children.
2021 West Virginia Small Farm Conference goes virtual to help local farmers continue to grow food and communities
Even through a global pandemic, our local farms and food systems have proven to be vital across West Virginia. However, there were still plenty of struggles among our small farm community over the last year.
Each summer, hundreds of volunteers provide life-changing experiences for West Virginia youths. Through the West Virginia University Extension Service Energy Express summer reading program, AmeriCorps members, Energy Express mentors and others help to enhance reading and comprehension skills for students throughout the state.
Struggling to keep up with those New Year’s resolutions? The West Virginia University Extension Service Family Nutrition Program offers free online Eating Smart, Being Active classes to help West Virginians prepare healthy meals for their families, save money at the grocery store and incorporate more physical activity into their daily routines.
Extension's Featured Video
Upcoming Extension Events
Find events and add them to your calendar!
- Mar46:00 PM - 9:00 PMWildlife Management: WV Master Gardener Training Series
- Mar46:30 PM - 7:30 PMGeocaching 4-H SPIN Club
- Mar47:00 PM - 8:00 PM2021 Agriculture Educational Webinar Series: Are You Calving at the Right Time?
- Mar73:00 PM - 4:00 PMTeen Leader Meeting - Randolph Co.
- Mar1010:00 AM - 11:00 AMSee Them Sprout: 4-H Vegetable Gardening SPIN Club
- Mar105:00 PM - 6:30 PMBread Making 4-H SPIN Club
- Mar106:00 PM - 7:00 PMGet Started in Art 4-H SPIN Club
- Mar106:30 PM - 7:30 PM Island Life 4-H SPIN Club
- Mar106:30 PM - 7:30 PM The Hunt for Your International Home 4-H SPIN Club