Community Educational Outreach Service
A statewide club supporting West Virginia since 1914
Over the past decade, West Virginia CEOS members performed more than 5.6 million hours of service for communities in need.
Through dedicated service, continued education and leadership development, CEOS members have helped to strengthen individuals, families and communities across the state of West Virginia since 1914.
Supported by the WVU Extension Service, CEOS program areas of emphasis include preserving the environment, building family strengths, and increasing awareness of our global interdependence.
Updated yearly, the handbook lists officers, contacts and other important information.
Recruitment for county offices
Information for running a club
2016 CEOS Guidelines Book—Download for rules, tax information, bylaws, historical information and financial best practices.
By offering these scholarships, the West Virginia Community Educational Outreach Service, in cooperation with the WVU Extension Service, seeks to increase knowledge and understanding about our world, to encourage youths to learn life skills and become leaders, and to promote study in the family and consumer sciences and helping professions. Download the W.Va. CEOS Scholarship Eligibility Information form to learn if you are eligible.
- Family and Consumer Sciences Scholarship Application Form
- Gertrude Humphreys Leadership Scholarship Application Form
- Nursing Student Scholarship Application Form
Health Motivator Materials
Initiated by the WVU Extension Service, the West Virginia Health Motivator program empowers friends, colleagues, faith groups and community clubs of all kinds to unite for better health. Members who elect to become a Health Motivator within their circle can use the resources included below to host monthly meetings centered around physical activity, healthy lifestyle decisions and more. The 2017 Health Motivators theme is Brain Health, which focuses on keeping not only your body in great shape, but also your mind.
If you’re interested in starting a Health Motivators group in your community, reach
out to your local WVU Extension Service office or contact
Elaine Bowen, WVU Extension Service Health Promotion Specialist, or 304-293-8554.
2017-2018 Healthy Motivators materials available upon request, contact Elaine Bowen for more information.
National Volunteer Outreach NetworkThe National Volunteer Outreach Network is comprised of organizations, such as CEOS, that advocate communication, education and volunteerism. To learn more or to attend the NVON conference, visit www.nvon.org
- Sep2510:00 AM - 11:00 AMWayne County CEOS Quilt & Fiber Club
- Sep251:00 PM - 3:00 PMMilton Homemakers CEOS Meeting
- Sep274:00 PM - 5:00 PMFlemington CEOS Meeting
- Oct2 All Day CEOS Fall Conference at Jackson's Mill
- Oct210:00 AM - 11:30 AMBuffalo CEOS Club Meeting
- Oct411:00 AM - 2:00 PMNewview CEOS Meeting
- Oct910:00 AM - 1:00 PMDoddridge County CEOS County Council Meeting
- Oct91:00 PM - 2:00 PMWayne County CEOS Garden Club
- Oct1310:00 AM - 12:00 PMJames River CEOS Meeting
- Oct187:00 PM - 8:00 PMOak Grove CEOS
- Oct2710:00 AM - 4:00 PM2018 Quilt Fair