Extension staff have knowledge to share about livestock production, forage quality, hay sales and pasture management.
- Feb110:00 AM - 12:00 PMMandatory Livestock Meeting #2- Wood Co.
- Feb106:30 PM - 8:30 PMWinter Educational Dinner Meeting: Low Stress Cattle Handling
- Feb116:00 PM - 7:30 PMEat and Reap Farmer Dinner Meeting
- Feb276:30 PM - 8:30 PMJackson County Winter Dinner Meeting Treating Pasture Hay as a Crop
- Mar207:00 PM - 9:00 PMWV Southern Bull Sale
- May28:00 AM - 12:00 PMWood County 4-H Livestock Tag Day
- May309:00 AM - 11:30 AMRandolph Small Animal Livestock Weigh-In
- Jun69:00 AM - 11:30 AMRandolph Small Animal Livestock Weigh-In
- Jun14 All Day Wood County 4-H Horse Camp
In February 2019, all states were notified that the United States Department of Agriculture Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service, Veterinary Services is changing the Scrapie tag protocol for sheep and goat producers.
APHIS will provide up to 80 free plastic flock ID tags to producers who have not previously obtained free tags from the USDA and will continue to provide free metal tags to markets and dealers through September 30, 2020.