You can never be too prepared for college. Part of our mission for youths is making
sure they are well prepared as they grow into the world as adults. We have resources
and information available for high school seniors interested in pursuing higher
- The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is a vital aspect of the college financing process. This free application, which is required for each year a student is enrolled in an institution, allows students to receive federal funding to support their college education.
- The application reviews information on families’ financial information and tax return, so it is highly recommended that students fill out the FAFSA with a parent or guardian.
- Students can begin filing the FAFSA as early as October 1, and it is recommended that students complete the application prior to the March 1 priority deadline to ensure they are getting the best chance at receiving the most aid.
- There are plenty of financial aid opportunities available, so jumping on those chances sooner rather than later is highly recommended.
File your FAFSA today.
The Promise Scholarship
- Since 2001, the Promise Scholarship has granted thousands of West Virginia residents financial support to attend an in-state college or university.
- This merit-based scholarship opportunity awards West Virginians up to $4,750 to cover tuition costs and fees associated with the public or private college of their choosing.
- Students can apply for the Promise Scholarship as early as October 1, but applications must be submitted by March 1 for consideration.
For more information, or to apply for the Promise Scholarship, visit the CFWV website.
Financial Aid Resources
If you have questions about financial aid and paying for college, be sure to reach out to the Mountaineer HUB or each campus’s financial aid offices for more information.
Mountaineer HUB Website
WVU Mountaineer Hub (Morgantown)
Phone and Hours 304-293-1988 (1WVU)
Monday – Friday 8:15 a.m. – 4:45 p.m.
WVU Institute of Technology (Beckley)
WVU Potomac State (Keyser)
WVU Health Sciences Center (All Campuses)