Grow this! Challenge
The garden challenge is a way for individuals, families, and groups to grow food, share tips and ideas, and support gardening in our state. Experienced gardeners, people new to gardening, and everyone in between is welcome to be part of the Grow This! Challenge.Learn more about the 2021 Grow This! Challenge.
West Virginia University Extension Service experts are located in every county in West Virginia, ready to offer research-based knowledge, tips and education to improve our communities.
Holding a legacy that stretches beyond 80 years, the Wood County 4-H Camp has played a vital role in the lives of 4-H’ers and the local community. A $500,000 fundraising initiative through the West Virginia University Foundation will provide them with the opportunity to complete a series of necessary improvements.
Jodi Smith, 4-H youth development agent for WVU Extension Service in Wood County, said as they look to the future of serving the community, they’re dedicated to building and maintaining a safe and modern camp property.
A native Californian made his way to the East Coast last year to serve the as the WVU Extension Service Family and Community Development agent for Harrison and Marion counties.
After more than 30 years of experience in the mining reclamation field, Jeff Skousen, land reclamation specialist for West Virginia University Extension Service and professor of soil science in the WVU Davis College of Agriculture, Natural Resources and Design, decided it was time to develop his own book about land reclamation in Appalachia.
Extension's Latest Video
Upcoming Extension Events
Find events and add them to your calendar!
- Jan2612:00 PM - 1:00 PMHigh Tunnel Education Series
- Jan266:30 PM - 7:30 PMAgriculture 4-H SPIN Club
- Jan266:30 PM - 7:30 PMGlobal Foods 4-H SPIN Club
- Jan276:30 PM - 7:30 PMHealthy Snacks 4-H SPIN Club
- Jan276:30 PM - 7:30 PMPhotography 4-H SPIN Club
- Jan286:30 PM - 7:30 PMIntermediate CS First Scratch 4-H SPIN Club
- Jan287:00 PM - 8:00 PM2021 Agriculture Educational Webinar Series: Fertilization in High Tunnels
- Feb1 All Day My Hands to Larger Service 4-H Project mini-grants
- Feb16:30 PM - 7:30 PMBeginner CS First Scratch 4-H SPIN Club