Energy Express returns to wvpb
Tune in this summer to West Virginia Public Broadcasting to engage in fun, interactive programming through WVU Extension Service's Energy Express six-week, summer television program. The 30-minute episodes will air Monday through Friday at 9 a.m. beginning June 21.Learn more about WVU Extension's Energy Express on WVPB.
West Virginia University Extension Service experts are located in every county in West Virginia, ready to offer research-based knowledge, tips and education to improve our communities.
Children and families can tune in this summer to West Virginia Public Broadcasting to engage in fun, interactive programming through WVU Extension Service's Energy Express in the comfort of their homes. The six-week, summer television program will be hosted by Joel Brown and broadcast across West Virginia beginning June 21, 2021. The 30-minute episodes will air Monday through Friday at 9 a.m. and feature engaging activities in literacy, STEM, art, cooking, nature, nutrition and more.
Last year, WVU Extension Service and WVPB teamed up to bring valuable educational programming to homes to offset the many in-person events that were canceled due to the pandemic. The show, which features WVU faculty, staff and special guests, complemented virtual programming with educational activities children could enjoy at home.
WVU Extension Service announced today that David Snively has been appointed director of WVU Jackson’s Mill. The appointment is effective July 1, 2021.
WVU Extension Service, West Virginia State University Extension Service partnership receives $250,000 to enhance vaccine education
WVU Extension Service and West Virginia State University Extension Service have received nearly $250,000 to enhance vaccine education and immunization outreach to West Virginians.
Fourth and fifth graders in Ohio County and throughout West Virginia will learn about hydroponics as an alternative crop production technique through a STEM education project funded by the NASA West Virginia Space Grant Consortium. The award will provide students in upper elementary grades hands-on STEM learning opportunities through a series of six hydroponics lessons.
Extension's Featured Video
Listen to this weekly half-hour talk show broadcast live via WWVA – anytime, anywhere as a free podcast.
WV 4-H News Updates
Recent West Virginia 4-H headlines.
- Meet the Presenters: Jefferson County 4-H'ers Lucy Field & Brynlea Shade - 2021 Presentation Expo Gold Ribbon Winners
- Meet the Presenter: Pendleton County 4-H'er Kallie Keyser - 2021 Presentation Expo Gold Ribbon Winner
- Meet the Presenter: Jefferson County 4-H'er Julie Fincham - 2021 Presentation Expo Gold Ribbon Winner
Upcoming Extension Events
Find events and add them to your calendar!
- Jun236:00 PM - 7:00 PMVirtual 4-H Cloverbud Quest - Cloverbuds Can Make it!
- Jun237:00 PM - 8:00 PMVirtual 4-H Civic Engagement Expedition - West Virginia: Know Your State
- Jun237:00 PM - 8:00 PMVirtual 4-H Healthy Living Journey - Cooking
- Jun249:00 AM - 10:00 AMVirtual 4-H Cloverbud Quest - Plants & Animals
- Jun2410:00 AM - 11:00 AMVirtual 4-H Civic Engagement Expedition - Get Started in Art
- Jun2410:00 AM - 11:00 AMVirtual 4-H Healthy Living Journey - GEM: Get Experience in Mindfulness
- Jun241:00 PM - 2:00 PMBAD Grads: A Discussion with BAD Buildings Community Members
- Jun26 All Day Cancelled - WVU National Junior Firefighter Camp 2021
- Jun289:00 AM - 10:00 AMVirtual 4-H Cloverbud Quest - STEM Lit-to-Go!