Holiday BudgetinG Tips
Make the most of your dollars as you shop for the holidays. Be aware of emotional spending and do a little planning to keep your budget out of the red.Get Tips for Holiday Budgeting
West Virginia University Extension Service experts are located in every county in West Virginia, ready to offer research-based knowledge, tips and education to improve our communities.
Fresh, healthy foods can be difficult to find in rural West Virginia communities. This isn’t only evident at the dinner table, its impact shows up at the doctor’s office, too.
One in four of the state’s rural residents is food insecure, and with the recent public health crisis, it is anticipated that more West Virginians will not have reliable access to food. Food insecurity directly affects the state’s health: 40 percent of West Virginians are obese, 16 percent have diabetes and 13 percent have cardiovascular disease.
A strategic collaboration with state leaders can change the lives of foster care youths in West Virginia through 4-H youth development programs. Aetna Better Health of West Virginia partnered with West Virginia University Extension Service to provide funding for foster care youths interested in 4-H.
The legacy of two 4-H All Stars and West Virginia 4-H Hall of Famers from Calhoun County will live on through the Sue and Randall Jones Memorial Endowment Fund established through West Virginia University Extension Service . With the new endowment, county 4-H’ers will have the opportunity to participate in out-of-county experiences—something that the youths otherwise may not have the chance to do.
For a group that is known for their hands-on type of service and work, West Virginia 4-H’ers demonstrated an impressive example in its seamless shift to online programming this past year. National 4-H Week will follow suit with its virtual celebration.
Extension's Latest Video
Upcoming Extension Events
Find events and add them to your calendar!
- Oct216:00 PM - 7:00 PMRandolph Co. 4-H Leaders' Meeting
- Oct226:00 PM - 9:00 PMMaster Gardener Fall Training - Plant Diseases & Symptoms, Environment, Management/Control
- Oct247:00 AM - 5:00 PMNational Drug Take Back Day
- Oct276:00 PM - 9:00 PMMaster Gardener Fall Training - Wildlife Management
- Nov12:00 PM - 5:00 PMWood County 4-H Awards Banquet
- Nov13:00 PM - 4:00 PMTeen Leader Meeting - Randolph Co.
- Nov57:00 PM - 8:00 PMWood County 4-H Leaders Assoc. Meeting
- Nov82:00 PM - 3:00 PMWood County 4-H Teen Leader Meeting
- Nov910:00 AM - 11:00 AMCS First with Prichard Elementary 5th Grade (Wayne County)