Junior Firefighter Camp
June 16-21, 2018
State Fire Academy
WVU Jackson’s Mill
State 4-H Camp
Make plans to join us for the 2017 camp!The Junior Firefighter Camp provides classroom and practical training to further participants’ knowledge, skills, and abilities in firefighting and emergency operations for certification in NFPA 1001, Standard on Firefighter Professional Qualifications.
Registration Deadline: May 1, 2017
Ages: 14 – 17
Price: $295 (Includes meals, lodging, and six required camp t-shirts)
Scholarship Availability: Scholarships will be offered to a select few who qualify. Please contact the WVU Fire Service Extension 304-269-0875 for details.
Goals of this camp include:
- Allowing youth to gain insight and interest in becoming long term members of emergency services.
- Increasing awareness among youth about volunteering and supporting the fire and emergency services.
- Providing departments with additional help in accomplishing non-firefighting or non-emergency tasks.
- Developing leadership for America’s youth, who are tomorrow’s leaders.
- Educating parents and mentors on the importance of encouraging volunteerism.
Some instructional topics to be covered include:
- Hoseline Operations
- Fireground Operations
- Portable Fire Extinguishers
- Ground and Aerial Ladders
- Leadership and Team-Building
- Self-Contained Breathing Apparatus
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Vehicle Fires
- Vehicle Extrication
- Special Operations
- Fire Apparatus
- Forcible Entry
- Live Fire Training
- Urban/Rural Water Supply
- Aircraft Rescue Fire Fighting
- NFPA 1971 Compliant Turnout Gear (consist of a helmet, hood, coat, pants, gloves, boots);
- NFPA 1981 Compliant SCBA with facepiece;
- Cotton clothing including pants, shorts and t-shirts.
Junior Firefighter Camp Documents
- Junior Firefighter REGISTRATION
Junior Firefighter HEALTH FORM - please ensure both pages of the health
form are completed
Junior Firefighter MEDIA RELEASE
- Junior Firefighter TRANSPORTATION RELEASE
Junior Firefighter RULES
- Junior Firefighter Brochure 2017
Mail all forms and payment to:
WVU Fire Service Extension
Junior Fire Fighter Camp
2600 Old Mill Rd
Weston, WV 26452