Become a Certified Safety Specialist (CSS) and a Certified Safety Trainer (CST)
Enrollment is free
Start your path to become a Certified Safety Specialist
- Choose an industry track from the following:
- Construction (CSS-C)
- General Industry (CSS-GI)
- Maritime (CSS-M)
- Oil and Gas (CSS-OG)
- Become an OSHA Authorized Outreach Trainer (CST-C, CST-GI, CST-M)
- Become an IADC RigPass/SafeLandUSA Instructor and Hydrogen Sulfide Training (CST-OG)
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) are given for the courses which may fulfill continuing education requirements for specific professions.
- Participants will receive comprehensive certificates for each industry track completed.
- Certification cards are awarded once all requirements are met.
WVU Safety & Health Extension is excited to announce the development of eight industry specific certificate programs. Participating students will have the opportunity to select a course track of General Industry, Construction, Oil and Gas and Maritime Industry and receive a corresponding Safety Specialist designation.
Upon graduation of the Certified Safety Specialist Program through WVU Safety & Health Extension students will have the opportunity to enroll in the Certified Safety Trainer (CST) Program. All students of CSS and CST will receive access to the program portal, an aid in keeping track of progress within the program.
*Two Core courses and any Elective courses from other OSHA Training Institute Education
Centers are accepted. *Updated curricula for the program will take effect January
1, 2020 enrollment date.
View the Program Curricula
Enrollment is Free
Start your path to become a Certified Safety Specialist today!
A new email? please submit the form below to update your program record.
Lost certificates? please submit the form below to request a replacement certificate.
Email CSSProgramSHE@mail.wvu.edu for more information.