Join 4-H families from across the state to "Cue the Fun" on the first Friday of the State Fair of West Virginia! Acquaint yourself with all the fair has to offer by completing the State Fair scavenger hunt. Enjoy the carnival rides, fabulous food options, free grounds entertainment and attractions throughout the day. Check out the State Fair's Top 10 List and make your own top 10 list to share at our 4-H Council Circle on Friday evening.
Date: Friday, August 11, 2023
- Option 1: Gate & Ride Ticket - $30 per person - cost includes gate admission, a Mega Pass valid for 12 hours of unlimited rides from 11am to 11pm, and a bagged meal from 4-H concession stand (a pepperoni roll from Chico Bakery, bag of chips, and a bottled soda/water).
- Option 2: Gate ticket only - $15 per person - for people 11 and older who do not plan to ride any amusement rides. Youth 10 and under can enter the fairgrounds for free. A bagged meal from 4-H concession stand (a pepperoni roll from Chico Bakery, bag of chips, and a bottled soda/water).
- 4-H members who entered a presentation or public speech for the 2022 Virtual State 4-H Day will receive a discount code for Option 1 to participate in this event for FREE!
- Youth are under care/custody/control of their guardian for the entire event.
- Tickets will be available for pick up at a designated 4-H event table located outside of the Main Gate between 9 and 11 a.m. on Friday, August 11. Tickets WILL NOT be mailed.
- All ticket payments will be collected at the time of purchase through the event registration.
- 9 - 11 a.m. - Ticket pick up outside of Gate #1
- 9 a.m. until complete - State Fair Ag Passport Challenge
10 a.m. - 8 p.m. - 4-H Exhibit open (Underwood Building).
- 10 a.m. - 8 p.m. - 4-H Concession Stand open for bagged meal pick-up (Underwood Building)
- 11 a.m. - 11 p.m. - Mega Pass valid for 11 hours of unlimited carnival rides
- 5:30 p.m. - State 4-H Presentation and Public Speech award ceremony (near WVU Building)
- 6 p.m. - Council Circle (near WVU Building)
- Registration is open through ZSuite until July 27, 2023 at 11:55 p.m.
- Registration link for families who participate in 4-H regularly (must be logged into ZSuite to go to the registration page): https://4h.zsuite.org/event-registrations/21453
- Registration link for families who are new to 4-H:
- Partial refunds will be honored if requested prior to July 27th. No refunds will
be made after this date. Requests for refunds must be sent to