Small Farm Conference
14th Annual West Virginia Small Farm Conference
February 21–24, 2018
Morgantown Event Center and Waterfront Place Hotel
Morgantown, West Virginia
Goals for Conference
- Unlock the potential of West Virginia small farms to produce food profitably.
- Help small farms transition from commodity production to food production for community and local consumption.
- Support West Virginia’s 22,000 small farm families by:
- Providing reliable, tested knowledge about current trends, needed skills, and latest production and operation information
- Building an understanding of how to develop a successful small farming enterprise.
- Support and further develop West Virginia’s food system and local communities by encouraging local production, processing, wholesale and retail marketing, and consumption.
Areas of Interest
Over 110 different classes regarding topics such as: Animal Production, Farm
Management, Marketing, Beginning and Advanced Horticulture, Local Food Community,
Value Adding and Wholesale Markets, Farm-to-School, AgriTourism, Risk Management
and Farmers Markets.
Registration is $70/day for adults, $35/day for students and free for kids age 11
and under. Save on registration and attend all 3 days at $190 for adults and $95
for students. It includes breakfast, lunch, snack breaks, dinner on Friday, and
materials. There will be a $10 convenience fee increase per person per day
for walk-in registrations.
There are a few scholarships available for the conference, which are made possible
by our sponsors. These scholarships cover registration costs and are available
for beginning farmers that are first time conference attendees. Please email
Lisa Jones or call (304) 293-2715 for more details.
To help make the conference more affordable we are helping attendees network through
Interested in participating in the Trade Show?
For more information, please email Lisa Jones or call (304) 293-2715.
10th Annual Winter Blues Farmers Market
Farmers’ market fans will again have the opportunity for a wintertime fix! The Winter
Blues Farmers Market will be held Thursday, February 22, 2018 from 4:00 p.m. –
8:00 p.m., co-organized by the Morgantown Farmers’ Market Growers Association.
Farmers from all over the state will be gathered to sell their winter-hardy food,
goods and products. This FREE event is open to the public. If you are interested
in being a vendor at this event, please call (304) 291-7201 and complete the application.
Part two of this Farmers Market includes a Local Dine Around. Local Chefs will cook up pay-as-you-go dishes featuring locally-grown and prepared entrees. The chefs will be set up among the many farmer vendors so the customers can eat and shop, or find one of the many tables nearby to just relax while eating a wonderful locally prepared meal.
Morgantown Marriott at the Waterfront Place
Reservations can be made online or by calling (304)296-1700 and stating that you
are with the West Virginia Small Farm Conference.
Rate: $119.00 per night plus tax for single of doubly occupancy
Deadline for group rate: January 26, 2018