Small Farm Conference
19th Annual West Virginia Small Farm Conference
February 22-25, 2023
Goals for Conference
- Unlock the potential of West Virginia small farms to produce food profitably.
- Help small farms transition from commodity production to food production for community and local consumption.
- Support West Virginia’s 23,000 small farm families by:
- Providing reliable, tested knowledge about current trends, needed skills, and latest production and operation information
- Building an understanding of how to develop a successful small farming enterprise.
- Support and further develop West Virginia’s food system and local communities by encouraging local production, processing, wholesale and retail marketing, and consumption.
Register Now for the 2023 Conference!
Registration is now open. Click on the button below to visit our registration site and find more details about the conference.
Our conference scholarship program prioritizes beginning farmers and completely covers the cost of registration. Scholarship applications are closed for 2023.
Winter Blues Farmers Market
The annual Winter Blues Farmers Market will be held Saturday, February 25, 2023 from 1 - 5 p.m. at the Charleston Coliseum & Convention Center located at 200 Civic Center Drive, Charleston, West Virginia.
This indoor event is held in partnership with the West Virginia Department of Agriculture to showcase the bounty that West Virginia can produce during winter months. During the four hours of operation, thousands of shoppers from the Kanawha Valley and beyond shop a diverse array of products - fresh vegetables, maple syrup, meats, soaps, salsa and more! This event is free to the public, includes live music, and activities for children. Shoppers will have the chance to talk to vendors and find out how they grow, make or produce their goods. Many vendors will also be sampling their products.
The Winter Blues Farmers Market has been proven successful with sales topping $69,000 in 2022. If you would like to become a vendor for this event, the application is available online. Winter Blues Farmers Market is a producer-only market; we do not permit resale or consignment.