Women in Agriculture Conference
2018 Women in Agriculture Conference
November 2-3, 2018
Oglebay Resort and Conference Center
Wheeling, West Virginia
The Women in Agriculture are proud to present this statewide conference to promote leadership development, and provide production and marketing education for agricultural producers and service providers.
With more than 9,000 female farmers in West Virginia striving to develop and maintain sustainable farms and agri-businesses, this conference will help recognize and embrace the impact of women on West Virginia agriculture. As women continue to be an integral part of agriculture and agri-business in West Virginia, it is WVU Extension’s responsibility—as part of WVU and its land-grant mission—to help fulfill the needs of women farmers and all West Virginians.
- West Virginia-specific projected costs and revenues for agriculture products compiled and shared
- Agri-women grow more confident in farm and business abilities
- Innovative business-farm relationships formed
- Supportive statewide network built and sustained
- More women farmers’ voices heard and valued