4-H Club Volunteer Resources
Strong 4-H Clubs Series
The Strong 4-H Clubs fact sheet series provide 4-H volunteers with current resources to support 4-H club work that enables positive youth development. There are eight topics designed to focus on a specific area of interest to the volunteer. This series is designed to stand alone, providing a quick and accessible resource on the topic; however, they could be used to supplement training.
Strong 4-H Club Topics for Volunteers
The 4-H Club Journey: Starting a Club
Growing Up, Speaking Up: Youth Voice
- Clubs: 4-H More Than Just a Meeting
- Building Relationships within your Club
- Finding your Fit with Engaging Club Programs
- Keep your Members Coming Back for More
- Sunshine, Trees and Trails: Outdoor Time with 4-H Clubs
- What is a 4-H SPIN Club?
The Strong 4-H Clubs Series passed National 4-H Peer Review in February 2022.
Essential Elements of Youth Development
The information shared in Essential Elements provides specific guidance for volunteers who are leading 4-H clubs on one or more of the Essential Elements. These are considered necessary components of youth programs striving to create environments conducive to positive youth development. To dive deeper into the Essential Elements, check out our source material!
- Positive relationship with a caring adult
- An inclusive environment
- A safe environment
- Opportunity to see oneself as an active participant in the future
- Opportunity for self-determination
- Engagement in learning
- Opportunity for mastery
- Opportunity to value and practice service for others
- Martz, J., Mincemoyer, C., & McNeely N.N., (2016). Essential Elements of 4-H Youth Development Programs: Curriculum and Training Guide, National 4-H Council. Retrieved from https://fyi.extension.wisc.edu/wi4hstem/files/2015/02/full-training-curriculum-and-appendices.pdf