Ultimate Outdoor Weekend
What Is Ultimate Outdoor Weekend?
Ultimate Outdoor Weekend is held at Jackson's Mill full of 4-H Shooting Sports and Outdoor skills. Campers will learn new skills and gain confidence in multiple outdoor disciplines. The first evening of camp features the ultimate adventure program where campers form small group teams to adventure through the Jackson's Mill facility.
Day two features Shooting Sports and additional class discipline training throughout the day. We wrap up with a guest/feature speaker and camp service project. We look forward to novice and experienced youth joining us to learn and hone their outdoor skills.
West Virginia youth ages 12 to 21 as of September 30, 2024
Friday, April 19, 2024 - Sunday, April 21, 2024
Registration will open on January 8, 2024 at 7:00 a.m. and will close on March 29, 2024 at 10:00 a.m. or until classes are filled. A waitlist will be opened if classes are filled before the registration closes.
This camp's registration has reached capacity and has moved to a waitlist.
Spots are limited for Ultimate Outdoor Weekend and follow a first come, first served basis. Payment must be made by April 2, 2024. If payment is not received by April 2, 2024, your registration will be canceled and your spot will be given to the next person on the waitlist.
Registration will be handled through the 4-H ZSuite Online System. Tap the buttons below to access the waitlist registration.
All adult volunteers must be fully vetted through WVU Extension and register for the event through ZSuite, our online registration system. The complete vetting process must be completed at least 15 days in advance of the event. Learn about the volunteer process.
If you are interested in volunteering for this state camp, please contact the Camp Directors.
Campers will learn new skills and gain confidence in multiple outdoor disciplines:
- Air Pistol
- Air Rifle
- ATV Safety
- Outdoor Cooking
- Hiking & Survival Skills
- The event registration fee includes two nights of lodging, meals during the event, and event equipment/supplies.
- Youth participants sleep in cabins with bunk-style twin beds. Participants are clustered with other youth of the same age and gender. The cabins are supervised by trained and vetted 4-H volunteers and Extension professionals.
- The cabins will be stocked with bed linens (sheets, pillows, and blankets). You do not need to bring bed linens. You are welcome to bring your own linens, sleeping bag, blankets, etc. You will need to bring your own toiletries and a bath towel.
- Meals that are included are Friday evening snacks, Saturday breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks, and Sunday breakfast. Participants should eat dinner prior to arriving for check-in.
- Camp clothing must be comfortable and adaptable to varied weather conditions. Camp clothing needs to be functional…not fashionable.
West Virginia 4-H State level camps held at WVU Jackson’s Mill are accredited by the American Camp Association! Learn about ACA accreditation.