What Is Older Member's Conference?
Older Member's Conference is statewide 4-H camp held annually at WVU Jackson's Mill. This camp is open to any youth aged 14-21. Campers develop leadership skills through facilitating camp activities, increase civic engagement and education through discussions on current issues, participate in week-long workshops and master new skills that can be used in local 4-H programs and communities activities.
West Virginia youth age 14 - 21 as of September 30, 2023.
Sunday, June 18, 2023 - Friday, June 23, 2023
Registration for this camp has closed. Stay tuned for news and announcements on next year's Older Member's Conference!
ADULT MEMBERS & STAFF
All adult members & staff must be fully vetted through WVU Extension Service and register for the event through ZSuite. The complete vetting process must be completed at least 15 days in advance of the event. Learn more information about the volunteer process.
Notes & FAQs
- The event registration fee includes five nights of lodging, meals during the event, and event equipment/supplies.
- Youth participants sleep in cabins with bunk-style twin beds. Participants are clustered with other youth of the same age and gender. The cabins are supervised by trained and vetted 4-H volunteers and Extension professionals.
- The cabins will be stocked with bed linens (sheets, pillows, and blankets). You do not need to bring bed linens. You are welcome to bring your own linens, sleeping bag, blankets, etc. You will need to bring your own toiletries and a bath towel.
- Camp clothing must be comfortable and adaptable to varied weather conditions. Camp clothing needs to be functional…not fashionable.
- REFUNDS: Refunds can be requested until June 6th but will incur a $50.00 processing fee which will be withheld from the refund. Refunds can take up to 10 weeks to be processed and may come in the form of a pre-paid Visa card mailed directly to register.
West Virginia 4-H State level camps held at WVU Jackson’s Mill are accredited by the American Camp Association! Learn about ACA accreditation.