Burkey & Marylou Lilly Scholarship
Deadline: March 1
Scholarship awarded to one recipient who:
- Is enrolled as a regular student at WVU
- Has a minimum 2.5 GPA from Monongalia, Summers or Mercer county.
- Is majoring in undergraduate programs, excluding social sciences
Preference goes to student who:
- Comes from a family farm as defined by the West Virginia Department of Agriculture
- Is an active member of 4-H in one of the above counties.
- Is completing four years of military service and will enroll at WVU.
A student who is a recipient one year can apply in any other year. Recipients shall be determined by the appropriate officials of WVU Extension Service in consultation with the WVU Office of Student Financial Aid.
Burkey and Marylou Lilly were proud graduates of West Virginia University. As the parents of three children, grandparents of five grandchildren and great grandparents to three great grandchildren, they valued education and service.
The couple decided that best way they could give back to the University and to the state was by providing future Mountaineers with the opportunity to pursue their dreams at WVU. Through an estate gift, the couple established the Burkey and Marylou Lilly Scholarship.