Burkey & Marylou Lilly Scholarship
Deadline: March 31
Scholarship awarded to one recipient who:
- Is enrolled as a regular student at WVU
- Has a minimum 2.5 GPA from Monongalia, Summers or Mercer county.
- Is majoring in undergraduate programs, excluding social sciences
Preference goes to student who:
- Comes from a family farm as defined by the West Virginia Department of Agriculture
- Is an active member of 4-H in one of the above counties.
- Is completing four years of military service and will enroll at WVU.
A student who is a recipient one year is eligible for consideration in any other year provided they continue to meet the selection criteria outlined in this agreement.
Burkey and Marylou Lilly were proud graduates
of West Virginia University.
As the parents of three children, grandparents of five grandchildren and great
grandparents to three great grandchildren, they valued education and service.
The couple decided that best way they could give back to the University and to the state was by providing future Mountaineers with the opportunity to pursue their dreams at WVU. Through an estate gift, the couple established the Burkey and Marylou Lilly Scholarship. The first $10,000 scholarship will be awarded to a WVU student for the 2019-20 academic year.
The donors’ preference is to award the scholarship to the same student for four consecutive
years, if possible. Recipients shall be determined by the appropriate officials
of WVU Extension Service in consultation with the WVU Office of Student Financial