The State CEOS Program is planning a virtual conference scheduled for April 19-23 being offered through Zoom. Registration is required and this will be offered to the public for free. Wayne County CEOS members are encouraged to participate. Below is the conference schedule and sessions planned.
Growing Scenic Opportunities with Community Educational Outreach Service
Virtual Spring Conference
- Please click on each video to watch the session you want to see.
- Closed Captioning is available for each video by clicking the CC button in the bottom right of the videos.
- You should also see a Chat Messages tab that you can click to see all the chat box messages. This is only available in the Zoom videos.
- The numbering to the right of the Chat messages is the time stamp to which the chat box messages were sent during the recording.
- Please enjoy watching or re-watching our virtual conference.
Monday, April 4
- Opening Session – Keynote Speaker and Live Exhibit Presentation – Ron and Wendy Perrone, Executive Directors – Three Rivers Avian Center – https://www.tracwv.org/
- Fantastic Wildlife Found in Your Backyard – Sheldon Owen, WVU Extension Specialist
- What’s Feeding the Birds – Andi Hoover, WVU Extension Agent – Greenbrier County
- ATV Safety Training – Haley Rosson , WVU Extension Assistant Professor and Raegan DeVor, WVU Extension Agent, McDowell and Wyoming Counties
Tuesday, April 5
- Book Club Basics – Getting Involved in the CEOS Book Club Series – Ami Cook, WVU Extension Agent – Braxton and Clay Counties
- A Short Summer – John Wickline, WVU Extension Program Assistant – Harrison County
- Campfires: Safe Preparation and Ignition – Aaron Ondo, WVU Extension Specialist
- Weeds or Wishes? It’s All About Attitude! – Andi Hoover, WVU Extension Agent – Greenbrier County
Wednesday, April 6
- Cooking Demo – Gluten-free baking – Angela Lawrence, WVU Extension Agent – Berkeley and Jefferson Counties
- Card Class – Welcome Spring – Kathy Hamrick, CEOS Member – Harrison County
- Diversity and Inclusion – Denis Scott, WVU Extension Specialist and Tony Michael, WVU Extension Director of Family and Community Development
- Understanding Addiction – Dana Wright, WVU Extension Agent – Logan County and Hannah Fincham, WVU Extension Agent – Randolph County
Thursday, April 7
- Victory Garden – Candace DeLong, WVU Extension Agent – Hampshire County
- Bringing Back the Victory Garden Extension Website
- Pollinator Gardening – Jodi Richmond, WVU Extension Agent – Mercer County
- WVU Extension Gardening Website
- Making the Most of Your Food Resources – Noel Mitchell, WVU Extension Health Educator – Fayette County
- WVU Extension Family Nutrition Program YouTube Page
- Herbs and Plants: Uses and Information, More than Cooking – Lauren Weatherford, WVU Extension Agent – Fayette and Nicholas Counties