Roasted vegetables are a great addition to any meal! Use this recipe with your favorite combination of garden veggies or use whatever you have on hand in your kitchen.
- Take a minute to read through the recipe before you start.
- Wash all fresh produce and work surfaces.
- Wash your hands at the beginning and throughout the cooking process.
- Children should ask for permission before using appliances and sharp knives.
- 1.5 cups of vegetables (Such as yellow squash, zucchini, asparagus, cherry tomatoes, Brussels sprouts, carrots, sweet potatoes)
- Canola oil (3 teaspoon per 1.5 cups of vegetables)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt and black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Wash and prep all vegetables according to the chart provided below.
- Add Canola oil, salt, and pepper to the vegetables in both bowls. Toss to coat all vegetables evenly. Arrange vegetables from each bowl in a single layer on 2 different baking sheets, separating by roasting time.
- Roast in the oven until softened and slightly brown according to roasting time. Remove from oven, and allow to cool slightly before serving. Enjoy with grilled chicken or fish!
|Vegetable||Cut of Vegetable||Cook Time|
|Yellow Squash||1 inch pieces
||1 inch pieces||15 minutes
|Cherry Tomato||Cut in half
|Brussels sprouts||Ends trimmed and cut in half||30 minutes
||Peeled, ends trimmed, and cut into 1 inch pieces
|Sweet Potatoes||1 inch cubes