This homemade granola is perfect on its own or on top of our yogurt parfait. Use your favorite dried fruit and nut combination to make your own special recipe!
- Take a minute to read through the recipe before you start.
- Wash all fresh produce and work surfaces.
- Wash your hands at the beginning and throughout the cooking process.
- Children should ask for permission before using appliances and sharp knives.
- nonstick cooking spray
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup chopped pecans (or almonds/walnuts)
- ⅓ cup maple syrup (or honey or agave syrup)
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup dried cranberries (or raisins)
- Preheat oven to 325° F. Spray large cooking sheet with oil and set aside. Combine oats and nuts in a bowl and set aside
- In a small saucepan combine maple syrup,vegetable oil, and cinnamon. Cook over low heat, stirring frequently until mixture becomes thin. Remove from heat, and stir in vanilla.
- Pour warm mixture over oats and pecans,and stir to coat evenly. Spread mixture
in an even layer on the baking sheet. Bake for 25 minutes. Remove from the
oven, and allow to cool.
- Put the cooked granola in a large bowl, add the cranberries, and stir until
the cranberrie sare evenly distributed. Store in an airtight container at
room temperature for up to 7 days.