Start your morning off with this healthy, filling breakfast parfait! Use your favorite fruits, yogurt and granola to customize it to your taste.
- Take a minute to read through the recipe before you start.
- Wash all fresh produce and work surfaces.
- Wash your hands at the beginning and throughout the cooking process.
- Children should ask for permission before using appliances and sharp knives.
- 2 cups of chopped fresh fruit or 1 (15 ounce) can of fruit packed in juice
- 2 cups flavored low-fat yogurt (any flavor)
- 2 cups cranberry pecan granola or store bought granola of your choice
- If using fresh fruit, wash it. If using frozen fruit, thaw it. If
using canned fruit, drain it.
- Cut the fruit into bite-size pieces.
- Layer in a glass or cup: ⅓ cup of fruit and ⅓ cup yogurt. Add ⅓ cup granola
just before eating, or granola will become soggy.
- Refrigerate remaining yogurt and fruit within 2 hours, and eat within 3 to
5 days. Store granola in a sealed container at room temperature.