Skip the candy while still enjoying a sweet treat this Valentine's Day! This simple dessert is quick to make and a great way to spend time with your loved ones in the kitchen.
- 2 tablespoons chocolate chips (semi-sweet)
- 2 bananas (large, peeled and cut into quarters)
- 8 strawberries (large)
- 1/4 cup peanuts (chopped, unsalted), optional
- Take a minute to read through the recipe before you start.
- Wash all fresh produce.
- Wash your hands at the beginning and throughout the cooking process.
- Children should ask for permission before using appliances and sharp knives.
- Place chocolate chips in a small microwave safe bowl. Heat on high for 10 seconds and stir. Repeat until chocolate is melted, about 30 seconds.
- Place fruit on a small tray covered with a piece of waxed paper. Use a spoon to drizzle the melted chocolate on top of the fruit.
- Sprinkle the fruit with chopped nuts if desired.
- Cover the fruit and place in the refrigerator for 10 minutes or until the chocolate hardens. Serve chilled.