These healthy vegetarian burritos are simple to make and easy to reheat for breakfast on the go for you and your family.
- 2 tablespoons neutral oil (canola, vegetable, grapeseed)
- 1/2 white onion, diced
- 2 garlic gloves, minced
- 2 cups crimini mushrooms, chopped
- 4 cups loosely packed spinach, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 8 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons milk
- salt and pepper to taste
- cooking spray
- 4 large whole wheat tortillas
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons goat cheese
- Take a minute to read through the recipe before you start.
- Wash all fresh produce.
- Wash your hands at the beginning and throughout the cooking process.
- Children should ask for permission before using appliances and sharp knives.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and add oil to pan. Add the onion, garlic and cook for 2-3 minutes or until translucent.
- Add the mushrooms and cook until they are golden brown (about 3-4 minutes). Flip the mushrooms, so the other side can cook. Place the spinach in the pan and cook until it’s wilted or about 3-4 minutes. Season with salt and stir all the veggies together. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs and milk. Season with salt and pepper to
- Heat another large skillet over medium heat. Spray the skillet with cooking spray and add egg mixture. Cook for 4-5 minutes, stirring frequently, until the eggs have set. Remove from heat.
- Heat the tortillas in the microwave for 10 seconds (they are easier to roll when
warm). Lay out the tortillas on four separate pieces of aluminum foil and spread
one and a half tablespoon of goat cheese on each tortilla. Evenly distribute
the roasted vegetables and scrambled eggs among the four tortillas. Roll each
one up in the foil and place in a freezer bag. Freeze.
- When ready to eat from the freezer, microwave on high for 1-2 minutes or until heated throughout.