This savory recipe can be served as a healthy snack, appetizer or side alongside
your next meal. Yum!
- 4 zucchini and/or squash quartered lengthwise
- 1/2 cups grated parmesan
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley leaves (optional)
Take a minute to read through the recipe before you start.
- Wash all fresh produce
- Wash your hands at the beginning and throughout the cooking process
- Children should ask for permission before using appliances and sharp knives.
- Preheat oven to 350° F
- Coat a baking rack with cooking spray and place on baking sheet. Set aside.
- Quarter zucchini/squash lengthwise.
- In a small bowl, combine parmesan, thyme, oregano, basil, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Place zucchini and/or squash onto prepared baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and parmesan mixture.
- Place into oven and bake until tender, about 15 minutes. Broil for about 2-3 minutes or until crisp and golden brown.
- Serve immediately, garnished parsley if desired.