This take on the classic tuna salad brings some extra nutrition and a little sweetness in the form of seedless grapes. Feel free to freestyle with apples, add shredded carrots or serve on crackers, tortillas or bread to make it work for what you have on hand. It’s also an easy beginner recipe for kids and teens to make for lunches and afterschool snacks!
- 2 (5-ounce) cans tuna, drained
- 1 cup minced celery
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons plain yogurt
- 1 cup seedless grapes, cut in half
- Lettuce leaves, washed and separated
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Drain the cans of tuna.
- Wash celery, grapes and lettuce.
- Collect, chop and measure all ingredients before preparing the recipe.
- Stir tuna, celery, mayonnaise and yogurt together in a bowl.
- Add grapes to mixture, and stir gently.
- Cover and chill until ready to serve.
- Serve mixture on individual lettuce leaves.
- Refrigerate leftovers within two hours, and eat within three to five days.
Nutrition information per serving (recipe makes seven ½ cup servings):
Calories — 80; fat — 4g; carbohydrates — 5g; fiber — 1g; protein — 9g