Grow Dinosaurs Video & Lesson Plan
- Cup of water
- Wooden craft stick
- Grow dinosaur (expandable polymer water toy)
- On Day 0: Place the dinosaur on paper, hold it down and trace around it closely with a pencil.
- Measure the length and height of your dinosaur tracing and record your results in the spot marked “Day 0”. Place the dinosaur in a cup of water and let it sit overnight.
- Take your dinosaur out of the water, dry it and trace as before. Measure the length and height of your tracing and record your results for Day 1.
- Refill the cup with fresh water each day.
- Repeat Step #3 and Step #4 for Day 2 and Day 3.
- After three days, your dinosaur will be fully grown. Calculate the area of your dinosaur on each day by multiplying length by height.
- Graph your results and track the rate of growth on graph paper with the area on the Y-scale and the day on the X-scale.