State 4-H Contacts:
Jason Burnside and Rachel Meininger
PURPOSE: Ultimate Outdoor Weekend is a weekend camp held at Jackson's Mill full of 4-H Shooting Sports and Outdoor skills. Campers will learn new skills and gain confidence in multiple outdoor disciplines. The first evening of camp features the ultimate adventure program where campers form small group teams to adventure through the Jackson's Mill facility. Day two features Shooting Sports and additional class discipline training throughout the day. We wrap up with a guest/feature speaker and camp service project. We look forward to novice and experienced youth joining us to learn and hone their outdoor skills.
WHO: West Virginia youth age 12 to 21 as of September 30, 2022
WHEN: April 29, 2022 at 5 p.m. to May 1, 2022 at 11 a.m.
WHERE: WVU Jackson's Mill
REGISTRATION: Opens on March 17, 2022 at 8 a.m. and closes on April 15,
Registration will be handled through the 4-H ZSuite Online System.
All adult chaperones must be fully vetted through WVU Extension Service and register for the event through ZSuite. Learn more information about the volunteer process.
PROGRAM: The following disciplines will be offered during the weekend. Youth participants must select their top choices during the registration process. No guarantee of choices can be made.
- Air Pistol
- Air Rifle
- Muzzleloader (must be at least 12 years old by April 29, 2022)
- Shotgun (must be at least 12 years old by April 29, 2022)
- ATV Safety
- Hiking/Leave No Trace/Survival Skills
- Campers are not to bring equipment beyond approved personal safety equipment, i.e., safety glasses and hearing protection.
- This is NOT a competition!
- Be sure personal property is personally identified in some manner.
- Do not bring valuables! These are not the responsibility of this event.
- The only exception is the inclusion of the advanced archery section which encourages 4-H’ers to bring their personal archery equipment for use in this specific class section.
Programs and activities offered by the West Virginia University Extension Service are available to all persons without regard to race, color, sex, disability, religion, age, veteran status, political beliefs, sexual orientation, national origin, and marital or family status. Issued in furtherance of Cooperative Extension work, Acts of May 8 and June 30, 1914, in cooperation with the U.S. Department of Agriculture. Director, Cooperative Extension Service, West Virginia University. West Virginia University is governed by the Board of Trustees of the University System of West Virginia.