What Is Ultimate Outdoor Weekend?
Ultimate Outdoor Weekend is held at Jackson's Mill full of 4-H Shooting Sports and Outdoor skills. Campers will learn new skills and gain confidence in multiple outdoor disciplines. The first evening of camp features the ultimate adventure program where campers form small group teams to adventure through the Jackson's Mill facility.
Day two features Shooting Sports and additional class discipline training throughout the day. We wrap up with a guest/feature speaker and camp service project. We look forward to novice and experienced youth joining us to learn and hone their outdoor skills.
West Virginia youth ages 12 to 21 as of September 30, 2023
Friday, April 21, 2023 - Sunday, April 23, 2023
This event has passed and registration has closed. Stay tuned for news and announcements on next year's Ultimate Outdoor Weekend!
ADULT MEMBERS & STAFF
All adult members & staff must be fully vetted through WVU Extension Service and register for the event through ZSuite. The complete vetting process must be completed at least 15 days in advance of the event. Learn more information about the volunteer process.
Campers will learn new skills and gain confidence in multiple outdoor disciplines:
- Air Pistol
- Air Rifle
- ATV Safety
- Outdoor Cooking
- Hiking & Survival Skills
- The event registration fee includes two nights of lodging, meals during the event, and event equipment/supplies.
- Youth participants sleep in cabins with bunk-style twin beds. Participants are clustered with other youth of the same age and gender. The cabins are supervised by trained and vetted 4-H volunteers and Extension professionals.
- The cabins will be stocked with bed linens (sheets, pillows, and blankets). You do not need to bring bed linens. You are welcome to bring your own linens, sleeping bag, blankets, etc. You will need to bring your own toiletries and a bath towel.
- Meals that are included are Friday evening snacks, Saturday breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks, and Sunday breakfast. Participants should eat dinner prior to arriving for check-in.
- Camp clothing must be comfortable and adaptable to varied weather conditions. Camp clothing needs to be functional…not fashionable.
West Virginia 4-H State level camps held at WVU Jackson’s Mill are accredited by the American Camp Association! Learn about ACA accreditation.
Programs and activities offered by the West Virginia University Extension Service are available to all persons without regard to race, color, sex, disability, religion, age, veteran status, political beliefs, sexual orientation, national origin, and marital or family status. Issued in furtherance of Cooperative Extension work, Acts of May 8 and June 30, 1914, in cooperation with the U.S. Department of Agriculture. Director, Cooperative Extension Service, West Virginia University. West Virginia University is governed by the Board of Trustees of the University System of West Virginia.