Harrison County Military Family Outreach
North Central WV Joining Community Forces Charter
The NCWV Joining Community Forces provides assistance to families regardless of Service or Component with the goal of strengthening existing family assistance delivery systems in the event of mobilizations, deployments, or natural disaster through the interaction of committee members.
- Increase awareness, involvement, and cooperation with the following entities in order to support military personnel and their families:
- State agencies
- Business community
- Non-governmental agencies
- Local governments
- Major financial institutions
- Mental health care providers
- State Bar Association
- Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve (ESGR)
- Chambers of Commerce
- Various military resources
- Crisis response entities
- Enhance service delivery to military personnel and their families by fostering cohesive working relatio nships among Joining Community Forces members.
- Enhance communication with military commanders and provide recommendations regarding family readiness issues and concerns.
- Establish pre-planned delivery systems in the event of mobilization of contingency through interaction of Committee members.
- Establish Memorandums of Understanding (MOU) or other formal partnership arrangements as appropriate.
S elected Service Projects
Here are a few of the various service projects supporting military personnel and their families.
Support a Veteran with a Brown Bag Lunch
Brown bag lunches are needed for the Hospice Department at the local veterans affairs
(VA) hospital for family members who cannot leave their loved ones during
that difficult time. In addition, veterans traveling on the service bus to Pittsburgh
for medical procedures also are in need of bag lunches.