WVU Harrison County Extension Service
At your service in our community.
- Jul22 All Day Women in Agriculture Conference - Early Bird Registration
- Sep268:00 AM - 5:00 PMExtension Service Annual Meeting
- Oct1 All Day Women in Agriculture Conference - Standard Registration
- Oct18:30 AM - 5:00 PMFSMA/GAPs Produce Safety Grower Training - Bridgeport, WV
- Oct298:30 AM - 5:00 PMWriting Your Farm Food Safety - Bridgeport, WV
- Nov98:30 AM - 5:00 PMFSMA/GAPs Produce Safety Grower Training - Institute, WV
Contact the Harrison County Office for current news and to learn about upcoming opportunities in our local area. Ask us for more information about topics including:
Putting Knowledge to Work!
The West Virginia University Extension Service works to provide solutions in your community through key programs and resources, including agriculture and natural resources; 4-H and youth development; food and nutrition; health and wellness; financial planning; and home gardening. These research-based programs and services are available to all Harrison County residents thanks to the tremendous support of our community members, local organizations, volunteers and local partners, including the Board of Education and County Commission.
Harrison County Highlights
- In 2018, 325 Harrison County youths attended the weeklong, residential county 4-H camp held at WVU Jackson’s Mill.
- Harrison County Master Gardeners completed 900 hour of volunteer community service and 300 hours of continuing education courses.
- The WVU Extension Service agent for family and community development in Harrison County reached 200 participants with diabetes education in 2018.