Baked Italian vegetables are a great addition to your dinner menu as a side or works great as a vegetarian main dish.
Before You Cook
- Take a minute to read through the recipe before you start.
- Wash all fresh produce and work surfaces.
- Wash your hands at the beginning and throughout the cooking process.
- Children should ask for permission before using appliances and sharp knives.
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 cup broccoli, chopped
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 cup chopped cauliflower
- 2 medium zucchini, sliced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Wash all vegetables. Collect, chop, shred, and measure all ingredients before starting to prepare the recipe.
- Combine onion, zucchini, tomato, celery, and green pepper in a 9 inch square baking dish. In a small bowl, mix the tomato sauce, Italian seasoning, and garlic powder together, then pour the sauce over the vegetables.
- Bake uncovered for 30 to 35 minutes until squash/zucchini is tender.
- Remove from oven and let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours. Eat within 3 to 5 days.
Makes 6 servings.