These apple "cookies" are a healthy treat that will satisfy any sweet tooth. Let kids play with their food by decorating this scrumptious snack.
Before You Cook
- Take a minute to read through the recipe before you start.
- Wash all fresh produce and work surfaces.
- Wash your hands at the beginning and throughout the cooking process.
- Children should ask for permission before using appliances and sharp knives.
- 1 apple (any kind)
- 3 tablespoons low fat or fat‐free cream cheese
- 3 tablespoons raisins or dried cranberries
- dash of cinnamon or spice of your choice
- drizzle of honey, optional
- sprinkle of shredded coconut or sliced almonds, optional
- Core apple and slice apple horizontally to make 8 rounds.
- Spread 1 teaspoon of cream cheese on each apple round
- Add 1 teaspoon of raisins or dried cranberries to each appleround.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon or spice of choice.
- Add honey or nuts if desired.