These veggie kabobs are a great way to use up some of your garden favorites. They make the perfect addition to a weeknight dinner or gathering.
- Vegetables – use what you like. Some great veggies to use are mushrooms, bell peppers, onions, tomatoes, yellow squash, zucchini
- Olive oil
- If using wooden skewers, soak in water for at least 20 minutes prior to cooking.
- Preheat oven to 400°F or grill to medium high heat.
- Cut vegetables into chunks – about half an inch each
- Place the vegetables on the skewer alternating to create a pattern.
- Brush the kabobs with olive oil and season with salt and pepper to taste. You can also use other spices and herbs.
- Place into oven and roast until tender – about 10-12 minutes. These can also be grilled for about 5-6 minutes per side on the grill.
- Remove from oven and serve immediately.