Awards & Nominations
West Virginia Governor's Safety Award
We are excited to announce the West Virginia Governor's Safety Awards, please use the form below to nominate an individual, organization or company.
Governor's Safety Innovation and Excellence Award
- The Governor's Safety Innovation and Excellence Award recognizes a company, organization or individual that uses innovative approaches within the occupational safety and health field resulting in measurable reductions of injuries, illnesses, fatalities, number of hazards or exposures in the workplace, or an increase in safety and health awareness, reporting, open communication or a shift in safety culture or climate.
Emergency Management and First Responder Award
- This award honors a department, organization or individual that has shown exemplary action or safety service during an emergency response. It also may be a department, organization or individual that has introduced new concepts or programs that measurably reduce injuries, exposures and/or fatalities for first responders.
Education and Outreach Award
- This award recognizes a company, organization or individual that has made significant contributions in curriculum development, teaching or training, which has resulted in outcomes and/or impacts that have improved safety and health knowledge, skills and abilities. It also may be a company, organization or individual that has shown an increase in employee identification of safety hazards or in reporting of unsafe conditions, changes in policies or procedures, or other positive changes toward a safer workplace.
Rising Star Award
- The Rising Star Award honors a company or safety professional, with under five years of operation or experience, who is making a significant impact within occupational safety and health toward improved safety and health performance, morale around safety and health, reduction in injuries, illnesses, fatalities or near misses.
People's Choice Safety Award
- Conference attendees will be able to view and vote for their favorite poster during the networking event. Posters may include research projects or programs in the occupational safety and health field.
Emerging Safety Student Award
- This award recognizes a safety student who is going above and beyond to be involved in the betterment of the safety and health field. These students will be identified by each institutions' faculty member.
SUBMIT YOUR AWARD NOMINATIONS