One Health Careers Summit For Teens
What Is The One Health Careers Summit?
“One Health is an approach that recognizes that the health of people is closely connected to the health of animals and our shared environment. One Health is not new, but it has become more important in recent years. This is because many factors have changed interactions between people, animals, plants, and our environment.” (CDC.org)
At the One Health Careers Summit, Maryland and West Virginia youth will have the opportunity to meet professionals and learn about the spectrum of careers involved with One Health, as an intersection of animal sciences, environmental sciences, and healthy living.
The event will also advise youth interested in One Health careers on professional development and academic courses to prepare for their future.
Youth ages 13+ as of June 22, 2023
Thursday, June 22, 2023 | 9:30a.m. - 3:30p.m.
Washington County Extension Office7303 Sharpsburg Pike, Boonsboro, MD 21713
Registration for this camp has closed.
- Interact with professionals and increase awareness in a variety of careers which fall under the One Health umbrella.
- Meet fellow teens from around the region with similar interests in animal sciences, environmental sciences, and healthy living.
- Gain knowledge, understanding, and skills around career and college readiness.
- Network with professionals to identify opportunities for development in One Health.
- What is One Health?
- An Introduction to One Health Careers
- One Health Career Panel
- Career Exploration Concurrent Sessions
- Lunch (Provided)
- Career Pathways Panel
- Skills Focused Concurrent Sessions