WVU Jefferson County Extension Service
At your service in our community.
- Jul22 All Day Women in Agriculture Conference - Early Bird Registration
- Sep268:00 AM - 5:00 PMExtension Service Annual Meeting
- Oct1 All Day Women in Agriculture Conference - Standard Registration
- Oct18:30 AM - 5:00 PMFSMA/GAPs Produce Safety Grower Training - Bridgeport, WV
- Oct298:30 AM - 5:00 PMWriting Your Farm Food Safety - Bridgeport, WV
- Nov98:30 AM - 5:00 PMFSMA/GAPs Produce Safety Grower Training - Institute, WV
Explore 4-H Soil Judging
Come to our informational meeting on Tuesday, March 12 at 6 p.m., at the WVU Tree
Fruit Research & Education Center, located at 67 Apple Harvest Drive in Kearneysville
to learn more.
What is Land Judging? This 4-H contest teaches members about soil, water, and how to determine the best use for the land.
Gardening 101 with the Berkeley-Jefferson Extension Master Gardeners
Are you lacking a green thumb when it comes to home gardening? Learn from the local
gardening experts - members of the Berkeley-Jefferson Extension Master Gardener
Association - during a crash course in gardening. Topics include starting a garden,
selecting and starting seeds, monitoring for pests, diseases, and weeds, water
conservation, and harvesting and storing your garden goods.
Saturday, March 2
9 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
WVU Kearneysville Tree Fruit Research & Education Center
67 Apple Harvest Lane
Whereas, The West Virginia Community Educational Outreach Service (CEOS) and Jefferson County CEOS are volunteers with a Mission to broaden SERVICE in our COMMUNITY, continue our lifelong EDUCATIONAL learning to strengthen individuals and families and provide an OUTREACH for leadership. Whereas, In partnership with West Virginia University Extension Service, the CEOS pledges that its Purpose of Education will assist us in meeting the needs of a changing and diverse society. Whereas, For their significant service and contribution to the well-being of family and community.
Be It Known, that Jefferson County Commissioners hereby proclaims May 20 – 26 as West Virginia Community Educational Outreach Service Week.
Jefferson 4-H Report
Camp Frame 4-H Chicken BBQ
Putting Knowledge to Work!
The West Virginia University Extension Service works to provide solutions in your community through key programs and resources, including agriculture and natural resources; 4-H and youth development; food and nutrition; health and wellness; financial planning; and home gardening. These research-based programs and services are available to all Jefferson County residents thanks to the tremendous support of our community members, local organizations, volunteers and local partners, including the Board of Education and County Commission.
Jefferson County Highlights
- The WVU Jefferson County Extension Service office held an open house in 2018 to promote our programs, activities and better interact with the community.
- More than 480 youths enrolled in the Jefferson County 4-H program in 2018.
- WVU Extension Service agriculture programming reached more than 750 Jefferson County residents in 2018.
- Jefferson County CEOS members raised more than $13,000 to benefit women who have been diagnosed with breast or cervical cancer at their annual fundraising event.