Berkeley County Home Horticulture
Let's Get Growing
Whether you are a beginning gardener or have been gardening for years, you can turn to your local Berkeley County Extension Office for assistance with home horticultural projects.Contact the Berkeley Office anytime with your gardening questions.
If you have not already done so, remember to test your soil before you plant!
Visit the WVU Extension Lawn, Gardening, and Pests webpage for helpful information from WVU Extension horticulture specialists on a variety of gardening topics!
Visit the University of MD Home and Garden Information Center composting webpage.
Integrated Pest Management
Read the IPM Chronicle, an informative, topical newsletter published quarterly by your WVU Extension IPM experts.
Contact WVU Extension Plant and Insect Specialists
- Insect Pests: Carlos Quesada
- Greenhouse and High Tunnel Pests: Barbara Liedl
- Vertebrate Pests: Sheldon Owen
- Weeds: Rakesh Chandran or call 304-293-2603
- Plant Diseases/Pathology: Mafuz Rahman or call 304-293-8838
- Environmental Plant Damage: Mira Bulatovic-Danilovic
Native Plants and Planting for Pollinators
- Pollinator Friendly Plant Lists Webpage (Xerces Society)
- Native Plants for Birds in Your Area (National Audubon Society searchable database)