Small Farm Conference
For more than a decade, the WVU Extension Service Small Farm Conference has offered the most authentic and inclusive view of agricultural opportunities for West Virginia small farm families. Annually, the conference boasts a variety of useful topics, unique events and informative speakers across more than 110 sessions. Under the organization of the WVU Extension Service Small Farm Center, 550 conference goers enjoyed locally sourced meals in 2018.
17th Annual West Virginia Small Farm Conference
February 23-26, 2021
To be held virtually via Zoom
Goals for Conference
- Unlock the potential of West Virginia small farms to produce food profitably.
- Help small farms transition from commodity production to food production for community and local consumption.
- Support West Virginia’s 22,000 small farm families by:
- Providing reliable, tested knowledge about current trends, needed skills, and latest production and operation information
- Building an understanding of how to develop a successful small farming enterprise.
- Support and further develop West Virginia’s food system and local communities by encouraging local production, processing, wholesale and retail marketing, and consumption.
Areas of Interest
More than 110 different classes regarding topics such as: Animal Production,
Farm Management, Marketing, Beginning and Advanced Horticulture, Local Food Community,
Value Adding and Wholesale Markets, Farm-to-School, Agritourism, Risk Management
and Farmers Markets.
Full conference schedule coming soon!
The 2021 keynote speaker will be announced soon!
Registration information will be available soon!
Veterans Registration Reimbursement
Any veteran who registers for the conference can be reimbursed 100% of their ticket through the West Virginia Department of Veterans Assistance. Veterans must to bring a copy of their registration receipt, their DD214, and a completed copy of the Veterans Reeducation Assistance Application form.
2021 scholarship applications will be available soon.
There are a few scholarships available for the conference, which are made possible
by our sponsors. These scholarships cover registration costs and are available
for beginning farmers that are first time conference attendees. Please email
Lisa Jones or call
304-293-2715 for more details.
Interested in participating in the Trade Show?
Winter Blues Farmers Market
The Winter Blues Farmers Market will return in 2022.
Farmers from all over the state will be gathered to sell their winter-hardy food, goods and products. This FREE event is open to the public. If you are interested in being a vendor at this event, please complete the market vendor application, which will be available closer to the event. For questions, please call 304-293-2715.
For information contact: Lisa Jones, Program Coordinator at 304-293-2715 or email Lisa.