For over a decade, the WVU Extension Service Small Farm Conference has offered
the most authentic and inclusive view of agricultural opportunities for West Virginia
small farm families. Annually, the conference boasts a variety of useful topics,
unique events and informative speakers across more than 140 sessions. Under the
organization of the WVU Extension Service Small Farm Center, 725 conference goers
enjoyed locally sourced meals in 2015.
14th Annual West Virginia Small Farm Conference
February 22 – 24, 2018
Morgantown Event Center and Waterfront Place Hotel
Morgantown, West Virginia
Goals for Conference
- Unlock the potential of West Virginia small farms to produce food profitably.
- Help small farms transition from commodity production to food production for community and local consumption.
- Support West Virginia’s 22,000 small farm families by:
- Providing reliable, tested knowledge about current trends, needed skills, and latest production and operation information
- Building an understanding of how to develop a successful small farming enterprise.
- Support and further develop West Virginia’s food system and local communities by encouraging local production, processing, wholesale & retail marketing, and consumption.
For information contact: Tom McConnell, Program Leader, at 304-293-2642 or Lisa Jones, Program Coordinator at 304-293-2715 or email@example.com.