Putting Knowledge to Work!
The West Virginia University Extension works to provide solutions in your community through key programs and resources, including agriculture and natural resources; 4-H and youth development; food and nutrition; health and wellness; financial planning; and home gardening. These research-based programs and services are available to all Wayne County residents thanks to the tremendous support of our community members, local organizations, volunteers and local partners, including the Board of Education and County Commission.
Wayne County Highlights
- 1,718 youths reached through school enrichment, community clubs and virtual programs
- 1,200 WVU Extension Garden Calendars were distributed
- 325 4-H projects were completed and featured in virtual exhibitions at the county and state levels
- 195 soil test results disseminated to Wayne County residents
- More than 100 adults participated in Gardening 101 educational workshops