Putting Knowledge to Work!
The West Virginia University Extension works to provide solutions in your community through key programs and resources, including agriculture and natural resources; 4-H and youth development; food and nutrition; health and wellness; financial planning; and home gardening. These research-based programs and services are available to all Ritchie County residents thanks to the tremendous support of our community members, local organizations, volunteers and local partners, including the Board of Education and County Commission.
Ritchie County Highlights
- Implemented distance and virtual learning opportunities for youth involving STEM activities, crafts and SPIN (Special Interest) events.
- Energy Express returned with outreach throughout the county.
- Participated in invasive species research projects with the ANR unit.
- In cooperation with West Virginia State University along with Doddridge County launched Healthy Grandfamilies program.
- Provided the community with information on the COVID-19 pandemic.