Putting Knowledge to Work!
The West Virginia University Extension works to provide solutions in your community through key programs and resources, including agriculture and natural resources; 4-H and youth development; food and nutrition; health and wellness; financial planning; and home gardening. These research-based programs and services are available to all Gilmer County residents thanks to the tremendous support of our community members, local organizations, volunteers and local partners, including the Board of Education and County Commission.
Gilmer County Highlights
- Provided more than 150 adults with timely agriculture and gardening education material.
- 260 elementary youths learned how to create a square-foot garden in the Gilmer County Elementary High Tunnel.
- 36 youths participated in virtual Energy Express six-week summer reading program. 72 youths were served in summer feeding program.
- More than $49,000 in local economic impact from Youth Livestock Project Sales.
- 125 households participated in home gardening activities.