Putting Knowledge to Work!
The West Virginia University Extension works to provide solutions in your community through key programs and resources, including agriculture and natural resources; 4-H and youth development; food and nutrition; health and wellness; financial planning; and home gardening. These research-based programs and services are available to all Ohio County residents thanks to the tremendous support of our community members, local organizations, volunteers and local partners, including the Board of Education and County Commission.
Ohio County Highlights
- 943 youths were directly engaged in Extension programming focused on STEM, health, nutrition, citizenship or leadership activities.
- The coordination of an Arbor Day Celebration resulted in 140 new trees and the creation of a Tree Board by the City of Wheeling.
- An estimated 1,000 families were given fresh produce or seeds through the Family Nutrition Program’s initiatives.
- 19,420 meals were distributed to families in partnership with the Ohio County Schools Summer Foods Program.
- 6 Ohio County 4-H members were featured on the March 22, 2021 episode of Barnwood Builders.