IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR THE WV INTERSTATE FAIR WEEK
Campers can now be placed at the 4-H campgrounds the week prior to the fair.Please see ATV/UTV Guidelines below. Any questions, please contact the WVU Extension Service office at 304-424-1960.
Wood County 4-H Campgrounds
Non-Licensed Motorized Vehicle Guidelines
Speed Limit for all cars, trucks, vans, tractors, ATV’s, UTV’s or any other motorized vehicle is 10 MPH.
ATV and UTV Regulations
- ATV’s must be registered with the camp caretaker and a permit must be obtained.
- Liability Insurance is required.
- Rider must be 16 to drive an ATV or an UTV.
- All riders/passengers 16 and under must wear an approved helmet and/or a seatbelt in a UTV.
- Motorized vehicle must have a properly functioning muffler and USFS approved spark arrestor.
- No more than one passenger unless allowed under manufacturer’s recommendations.
- Operators must meet manufacturer’s minimum age/weight requirements.
- Pedestrians always have the right of way.
- No alcoholic beverages may be consumed or carried (nor should they be on the campground.)
- Obey all signs, gates, and barriers.
- Display ATV permit at all times.
- ATV’s or UTV’s should not be operated from sunset to sunrise without a lighted taillight and headlight.
- Parents, 4-H Leaders, and all adults should be role models.
If these rules are not followed, the 4-H Camp Trustees have the right to revoke the permit and ATV’s may not be permitted for the next year.