Cooking and freezing meals ahead of time is a great time-saver for busy people. Try this recipe for a healthy meal without the hassle.
Servings: 2 meals, 4 servings each
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon thyme
- 1 tablespoon marjoram
- 2 tablespoons ground rosemary
- 2 onions, diced
- 2 12-ounce bags frozen peas and carrots
- 2 pounds ground lean beef (90% or higher)
- Salt and pepper to taste
Per bag for reheating:
- 2 cups of mashed potatoes
- Heat a heavy-duty skillet on medium. Add olive oil and onions, sauté for 10 to 15 minutes until soft.
- Add the ground beef, thyme, marjoram, ground rosemary, salt and pepper.
- Cook until the beef is done, stirring often to break it up.
- Add two bags of frozen peas and carrots and stir.
- Move all contents to a bowl. Once cool to the touch (approximately 20 to 30 minutes), divide between two freezer bags. Place in freezer.
- One to three nights before cooking, remove one bag from freezer and place in a bowl in refrigerator to thaw.
- Spread beef and vegetables evenly in an 8-by-8 inch casserole dish. Cover with mashed potatoes.
- Bake in a 350 F oven for 30 minutes until hot and bubbly.
- Serve and enjoy!