Need a healthy refreshing treat? Give this crisp cucumber salsa a try!
- 2 cups finely chopped cucumber, peeled and seeded
- ½ cup finely chopped seeded tomato
- ¼ cup chopped red onions
- 2 tablespoons of minced, fresh parsley
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 4 ½ teaspoons minced, fresh cilantro
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ¼ cup of reduced-fat or light sour cream
- 1 ½ teaspoons of lemon juice
- 1 ½ teaspoons of lime juice
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- ¼ teaspoon of ground cumin
- Baked tortilla chip scoops
In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. In another bowl, combine the sour cream, lemon and lime juices, cumin and seasoned salt. Pour over the cucumber mixture and toss gently to coat. Serve immediately with chips.
Nutrition Facts (per ¼ cup serving): 16 calories; 1 g fat (0 saturated fat); 2 mg cholesterol; 44 mg sodium; 2 g carbohydrates (1 g sugars, 0 g fiber); 1 g protein