Green beans are a fan-favorite during the holiday season, but it's probably time to shake up this classic side dish a bit. Give these garlic sesame green beans a try this year. This simple recipe requires minimal ingredients that boast big flavor.
- 3 pounds fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 6 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, roasted
- In a large pot or Dutch oven, bring 10 cups of water to a boil. Add green beans; cook, uncovered, 6 to 8 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small skillet, heat oils over medium heat. Add shallot and garlic; cook and stir 2 to 3 minutes or until tender.
- Drain green beans and return to pot. Add shallot mixture; toss to coat. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
Recipe adapted from: https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/garlic-sesame-green-beans