While we haven't tried
all the grilled chicken marinades out there, we can say that this one is pretty
darn good. Vinegar, mustard and garlic come together with citrus and a little brown
sugar to make a marinade that hits on a lot of notes, especially when combined
with the smokiness of the grill. If desired, save some in a separate, clean container
before pouring the remainder over the raw chicken to marinate. Once the chicken
comes off the grill, pour the saved marinade over for more flavor!
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 6 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
Mix all ingredients in a bowl except olive oil and chicken.
- Drizzle olive oil in very slowly while whisking the marinade mixture quickly.
- Put the chicken in a large, sealing plastic bag and pour 3/4 of the marinade
- Put chicken in the fridge to marinate for at least two hours.
- Once desired level of marination is reached, grill over medium-high heat until
a thermometer placed in the thickest part of the chicken breast reads 165