This recipe takes a perfectly seasoned fish fillet, pairs it with a salsa that’s
sweet, has notes of citrus and has some punch from onion and jalapeno, then wraps
it in a warm tortilla for a dish that screams grilling and summer.
- 1 can (15 ounces) peach halves – drained, rinsed and chopped
- ½ red bell pepper – finely chopped
- ¼ red onion – finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno – rinsed, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon cilantro – finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 4 tilapia fillets
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon low-sodium adobo seasoning
- 1 package low-sodium sazon seasoning
- 8 6” flour tortillas
- For the salsa, stir together chopped peaches, bell pepper, onions, jalapenos, cilantro and lemon juice in a medium bowl; cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Heat grill or grill pan on medium-high heat. Using paper towels, pat fish dry and transfer to a plate.
- In small bowl, combine chili powder and seasonings, then stir together.
- Rub fish with seasoning mixture, making sure it’s completely coated.
- Place fish on hot, greased grill grates or foil on the preheated grill.
- Cook fish four minutes a side, until opaque and flakes easily with a fork. If using a thermometer, it should register 145 degrees Fahrenheit in the thickest part of the fish.
- Remove fish from grill once done and flake in bite-size chunks or thinly slice.
- Serve roughly ½ of a fillet with about 1/3 cup of the peach salsa.
Nutrition information per serving (recipe makes four, two-taco servings):
Calories — 330; fat — 5g; carbohydrates — 44g; fiber — 3g; protein — 27g
Recipe courtesy of the United States Department of Agriculture.