The classic smoothie is a sneaky way to get greens into your diet, and this one pairs
strawberries and bananas together for a timeless flavor profile. By adding milk
and yogurt, it ups the protein and calcium for a refreshing drink you can take
on the go. Of course, we encourage using whatever fresh or frozen fruit you have
on hand to create your own smoothie adventure.
- 3 cups frozen strawberries or other frozen fruit
- 1 banana
- 1 cup yogurt (plain or vanilla)
- 1 handful spinach or kale
- 2 cups of milk
- Wash fresh produce.
- Collect and measure all ingredients before starting recipe.
- Add the fruit, yogurt and greens to the blender.
- Pour the milk into the blender.
- Blend 30 to 45 second until smooth.
- Refrigerate leftovers within two hours, and finish within two days.
Nutrition information per serving (recipe makes six one-cup servings):
Calories — 120; fat — 2g; carbohydrates — 21g; fiber — 2g; protein — 5g