It’s been said that breakfast is the most important meal of the day, but we also happen to think it’s the tastiest as well. This recipe is a great start to your day, and has nutritious and tasty building blocks to start from. Feel free to enjoy with eggs anyway you like them; we scrambled four right in at the end of the recipe.
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 banana pepper, diced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and diced
- 2 cups potatoes, cubed
- 2 cups loosely packed spinach
- ½ cup fresh mushrooms, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Saute onion and peppers in skillet with olive oil until tender.
- Add cubed potatoes and cook, stirring with spatula every five minutes until knife tender (about 15 minutes).
- Add remaining ingredients and season, turning several times to blend.
- Cook until spinach leaves are wilted.
Nutrition information per serving (recipe makes four servings) not including eggs: Calories — 130; fat — 4g; carbohydrates — 24g; fiber — 4g; protein — 3g