In just ten minutes, you can have a filling snack that cuts out all the preservatives
and chemicals found in the energy bar aisle of the grocery store. These wholesome
bites leave room for experimenting — add ½ teaspoon of ground cinnamon and/or
½ teaspoon vanilla extract to punch them up more!
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- ½ cup honey
- 2 cups nonfat instant dry milk
- 1 cup quick oatmeal (unflavored)
- ½ cup crispy rice cereal
- Collect and measure all ingredients before starting to prepare the recipe.
- Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl. Mix with spoon until combined.
- Using clean hands, shape the mixture into 16 balls that are 1” in diameter.
- Store at room temperature in a sealed container. Eat within three to five days.
Nutrition information per serving size of two, 1” bites (recipe makes eight servings): Calories — 310; fat — 9g; carbohydrates — 48g; fiber — 3g; protein — 12gRecipe courtesy of the USDA and Colorado State University.