Raleigh County Family & Community Development
WVU Extension experts are at the forefronts of health and relationship education in West Virginia communities. For parenting tips, relationship education and information about family programs, visit WVU Extension's youths and families section. For recipes, nutrition advice, heart health information, fitness tips and more, check out our food and health section. The Family Nutrition Program shows people better ways to maximize value while cooking healthy meals.
Family Nutrition Program
What is the WV Family Nutrition Program (FNP)?
The Family Nutrition Program is comprised of numerous nutrition, food and physical activity projects designed to help limited resource families, youths, and adults improve their health. FNP targets risk factors associated with obesity, cardiovascular disease, diabetes, hypertension and other chronic diseases. FNP encourages the adoption of healthy lifestyle behaviors by:
- Teaching nutrition education using the USDA’s MyPlate and Dietary Guidelines
- Providing food demonstrations
- Improving access and availability to local community resources
- Helping participants to stretch their food dollars, plan menus and read food labels
- Encouraging participants to devote more time to being physically active
Raleigh County Families & Health News
Looking for a speaker for your group, your classroom or your organization in Raleigh County?
WVU Extension agents can teach on a variety of topics, including: